Saturday, November 10, 2012

Week Nov. 5 Question 1


Today my worldviews are being constantly being shaped; because there are different issues rising up. I have a basic openness to a certain point. The openness to hear people out and welcome there opinion upon certain matters. Yet, I usually will find people who contradict there own notions. Take for example, last week we discussion regulation on commercial upon the youth. On one side the statement of “Parents bear the primary responsibility for feeding their children.” This is contradicts itself because the parent in my opinion should take responsibility of what the child eats. I usually find the definition of the word or words in the content. This helps me decide which side I will stand upon. Yet, I sometimes try to find middle grown.

                There are times when one needs to see both side and say “okay” this works and that doesn’t. Yet, taking a little from both sides. For example, one has to look all over a law, we may have a vague concept yet someone else like Senators are looking at all possibilities. These issue are tough to tackle. So, I use inductive and abductive reasoning when middle ground has too be met. We can learn from each other in all walks of life.

1 comment:

  1. I also think of myself as an open minded person who is willing to accept other ideas. I never like it when I meet someone who is completely set in how they see the world and refuse to budge even a little on it. Of course, I’m not saying it is wrong to stick to what you believe in. I actually respect that in most people. I just think that we should try to leave some room to bend in our worldviews or else we might become close-minded. Looking at something from another point of view can make all the difference or at least that has been my experience.

    ReplyDelete